Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Done & Documented: June


I am so very excited about how far I have come this year!! 2 of my 3 projects COMPLETE. WOW!! that's huge for me! :) Here is the Booming start I have on Labor Day Weekend 2009:

 These two pages were a bit tough for me to finalize, the pictures mean so very much to me that I was afraid I wouldn't do them justice but finally I 'just did it' & walked away. Love that my sister in law was quick enough thinking to snag my camera & capture these moments between my nieces & myself on the boat one afternoon. I loved using all the pink, some new supplies (the bingo cards) & old, the paper, letter stickers & die cuts & pink/blue flowered die cuts


these weren't initially designed to be across from each other but the colors work so well, I think they will be fine.  the left is a collage of my many faces during a conversation. I totally didn't realize she was snapping away, now I know how my friends feel when they see some shots I have captured of them in action ;)  I also, finally understand what my grandparents mean when they say I am 'expressive' LOL  The right just might be my favorite page of Tim.  He's a pretty serious guy most of the time so these are really him in his natural state.  more old goodies used.


these photos make my heart happy.  I love this foggy sight in the mornings at the lake, I just wish I could truly capture it on film. a new paper pack & coordinating paper strips but old supplies.  In fact, the title, "relaxing"  down the right side, was an accidental cut from my Cricut machine a long time ago & once inked, worked out perfectly for this page. Love all the buttons & Elle's Studio tags.  

My first time using Washi tape. I have been collecting different rolls of it for over a year but hadn't braved using it on a page until this one.  This is a 5x7 collage of the 2 littlest campers of the weekend bonding. Super sweet so used some new goodies to hightlight that moment.

Papers like this are AWESOME & I find myself buying them, but then I struggle to use them because the design on them is so cool & so big that I hate to cover it with photos & embellishments.  Luckily this 4x6 collage worked perfectly in that right top corner to not take away from the paper.  Then I inked some raw chipboard letters & cut up a black lined sheet of cardstock to journal on with a white gel pen. LOVE.

a fun one mixing new paper & embellishments with old stuff & even some inked embroidery floss. a collage + a 4x6 print. Love this page & its colors.

8x10 collages ROCK!! makes for SUPER SIMPLE page that includes a ton of photos!! 

the 3 moon shots are trimmed down 4x6s & I love the stars the lanterns made! more new goodies on this one.

new paper & metal clock pieces, old clock stamp, letters & rub ons but another awesome 8x10 collage = easy page!

this one I struggled with a long time, so much so that I almost decided not to scrap the photos at all. new paper, fun Elle's Studio journaling block, OLD embellishments mixed with new & washi tape again. Not a favorite but done & documented.

Oh this one I love love love!!!  that paw print die cut totally stole my  heart, the dog quote popped up on facebook right before I ran across this photo of Tim with Gus & was perfect then I just added the paper strips & blocks cut from a new paper pad & some ribbon knots w/brads & WALA! perfection.



you can see my January, FebruaryMarchApril & May reports here.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Done and documented is series of monthly posts that highlights Jess's progress completing unfinished travel albums from years past. I will be following along by doing my December Daily 2013, then plan to finish 2009 (2 chapters) & start a new year. Feel free to play along

No comments: