So then next on my list is 2009 Christmas & Labor Day Weekend chapters in my 12x12 books. I cannot wait to have them complete as that will mean that I finally have a whole year complete. UNHEARD of for me!! (or many scrappers, I hear) Here is a collage of the first bunch of Christmas pages I completed following the December Daily in March.
top left to right:
- the first 2 are a set from a Close to my Heart workshop I attended. We had them constructed complete just waiting for photos & even after I trimmed the photos on the left page to fit, I was unhappy with it so I pulled the pieces off, reassembling in my normal non-linear, off kilter, clumped up way of scrapping & fell in love again.
- the next 2 may not sit in that order in the book, but they are all the photos snapped in one session-out takes & all :) was pretty excited when I used those 3 pink love themed pieces from Elle's Studio, that are gathered together because they were the final pieces I still had from an old 2009 collection & happy to toss the empty packages.
- middle row left side pair will NOT be across from each other but they were each an odd page scrapped so put them together for the collage. the left is a fancy die cut shaped paper that I had been hoarding for a bit & only wanted to minimally embellish it so I didn't take away from the paper itself.
- the right one is a collage of me w/the nieces & nephews (at the time-remember this is 2009 & we have added another since then;)) Scrapping Christmas on brown was a little odd for me but then it just seemed logical when I tried pairing the photo w/other more 'Christmas-y' papers. Inked the chipboard letters to spell 'Aunt'. These photos are from the many they took when they were sharing the camera.
- back to the left, bottom 2 are a pair that will sit across from each other in the book. I had the die cuts leftover from a pack & pulled the matching papers out of a different pack & was amazed at how well it all fit together. needing some texture, I used foam squares behind some of the die cuts, & white fuzzy yarn around some. The important parts were the photos & the journaling yet, I just couldn't stop w/a flat page.
- the last set will also be together. These papers & die cuts came together in a pack (this is the pack the die cuts from the previous set was from). More of the same as the previous set, fuzzy white yard & foam squares for texture, keeping the interest on the photos & journaling.
- this group of pages was created before the 12th when Mom & I went to a fundraiser crop for her birthday.
- Top 1 & 2 are going just like that in the scrapbook. They are using great Christmas papers & embellishments I have been hoarding for a while. I love scrapping great 5x7s & thats what these pages use. Some chipboard, metal & buttons, oh my!
- Bottom 1&2 are going like this in the book as well. For some reason, I didn't enlarge any of J's family to a 5x7 when I ordered so I 'fixed' it by stacking 2 4x6s instead. Totally works for me. More of the same cool paper collection, chipboard, tags, & some Close To My Heart metals. I also designed these pages around the stamped images I received at a a crop a while back ('Joyful Tidings' & various stamped ornament embellishments on the pages).
- The Top & Bottom #3s are a matching set. the bottom one, you saw in the collage above, but I felt the need to share it again when I shared its match. another paper collection but lots of variety of goodies.
the only other 4 I completed in April:
- the top 2 are a set -the red on the right is really more red than pink as it shows-funky lighting when I snapped the shot. Mom got all 5 grandkids felt cowboy hats & puffy painted their initials on them. HUGE HIT!
- the bottom 2 are also a set, some new Hobby Lobby goodies + some really old stuff. love the collages as a quick & easy way to get a lot of photos scrapped together.
ps. where did April go??????
Done and documented is series of monthly posts that highlights Jess's progress completing unfinished travel albums from years past. I will be following along by doing my December Daily 2013, then plan to finish 2009 (2 chapters) & start a new year. Feel free to play along!