Friday, December 31, 2010

thank you 2010 & hello 2011

I have a glorious list of things I can check off as DONE or atleast I followed my One Little Word for the year-DO- just DID alot of things I was questioning, worrying about, or just plain chicken to try :)  I posted a list in November & am still in shock of all the changes I made in ONE YEAR! :) pretty intense the effect One Little Word can have on a person!

I thought I'd pick Simplify for this year's OLW as I tend to over-obsess, over-detail, over-organize, over-communicate, over-everything, everything I do. :) Picking Simplify makes me wonder what I will cut, delete, ignore in my current life & will I miss it? I can't come up w/anything else that works, or feels right so I guess Simplify picked me.

Also, in 2011 I plan to:
  • keep running--I love that we've started a local running group! Go Eat Pray Run! We've already set up teams for 2 events this Spring! And want to host or co-host a 5k this year! eeeeeeek!
  • keep scrapping--I am too far in to quit now! I'd love to get on a design team, maybe my Simplified pages will catch someone's eye
  • keep blogging
  • join a local, real-live book club--this makes me so happy to even consider- its a grown up thing I never thought I'd get to do
  • sew--fix the cord that was a puppy casualty ;) & get busy!
  • live more frugally--I try not to burden others w/our financial views as that is one thing I don't think needs discussed out of the home, simply put, we are working to become closer to debt free this year
  • garden & compost more, can & freeze more, bake & cook from scratch more
  • sort, donate, pitch, recycle more
  • have more Girl's Nights Out
  • continue in my healthier lifestyle--fruits/veggies, dairy, water, running, chiro-work on Power of 1 list
  • get back to yoga
  • get better about deadlines, turning paperwork in before its due, being more repectful of another's time
  • get the childcare off of paper towels--alter &hang a rack for cloth towels
  • switch to homemade cleansers
  • find a balance to Simplify it all
What is your One Little Word for the year? What do you plan to accomplish in the new year?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Great goals, and a great word! I have so much going on in 2011 that I don't think I can condense it into one word, although simplify is a good one if I were to try! Happy New Year!

Ashley said...

love your list!
1) join our book club! (The one we haven't started, but really want to! haha)
2) where do you yoga? I'd love to do that, too
3) I'm making homemade cleaners and it's the best. Luke loves helping me and I'm not scared to let him.
4) Let's hook up our GNOs in Jan!

Happy New Year!