Monday, January 3, 2011

Simplify

I must report that this Simplified year is going well already!  I am letting go of unnecessary details, unnecessary stress, & unnecessary worries.  I am loving the Simplified way of thinking already!  I have reallly used it more than I thought in just 3 days.

 Scrapping-I am back to Simply getting them scrapped, not over doing the details, no putting thos unnecessary, unrelated items on the page just b/c they are pretty.

 Cooking-Simple foods. Getting further from the boxes & cans & using Simple foods to cook, bake & nurish the bodies I cook for.

 Clutter-OYE! I have been able to bless 3 other homes w/multiple items each from our home THIS WEEK! just things I had stored or on hand 'just in case' & never used them, so they are on to their next home.

 Dishes-Simply do it. Simply unload the dishwasher while waiting on something in the microwave or on the stove top, Simply reload the dishwasher when you take a dirty dish to the sink, Simply do it NOW.

 Laundry-This will take some time as I hope to par down my closet & drawers ALOT this year.  I am starting a stack for various artists to upcycle tshirts into various things, I thought I'd make a tshirt quilt but do we really need another blanket? I am getting rid of 3 this week that have been stored in totes for over a year... LOL I wear the same 5 top sets(I layer) to work in so why are there 10 in the drawer? Cross Ministries, I plan to make my first drop off  of the year, the morning of the 29th!

 Worries-I had a head start on this from my 'appreciate' year in 08 but I plan to continue & grow on this in '11.  I plan to make a point not to worry about things I cannot control, I can better use that energy to run, or clean or organize. Simply enjoy the here & now, or sit out a situation until it heals itself, as most do.  What will be will be.

 Running-Simply get out there & do it! Relax & Run. Enjoy the company, enjoy the energy, Simply live it. Quit worrying about what if the group falls apart, what if I let them down, what if there becomes drama.. not that I have worried, just fleeting thoughts.

 Cleaning-Simple homemade products are on my list to explore this year.

How are you coming along w/your OLW?

4 comments:

jaime said...

Sounds like things really are coming along for you!! As for the homemade cleaning products, I received a green cleaning book last year for Christmas and LOVE it. We use it all of the time!

Terri said...

I love the way you're making your word work for you! You are an inspiration!

Brooke said...

life is only as complicated and stressful as we choose to make it. good for you refusing to let it overtake your life! :)

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I SIMPLY love it. Thanks for the inspiration. I so need to simplify my life!