Friday, March 27, 2015

productive weekend (scrap pages)

So while Tim was on his annual hunting trip with his buddies last week, I took over the dining table & completed the mini book that now holds all of the details from my surprise birthday party last month.  Superly excited to share those pages here & now!  Warning: very photo heavy!

the cat trying to get some attention Sunday afternoon. Evidently, he felt I had spent ample time with my supplies at the table. ha.

closing in on the final pages, the mess always seems to grow throughout the process for me. 

 COMPLETED BOOK (I did take the unused white pages from the back of the book to use in another later) 

 After standing to scrap Thursday & Friday evenings, then spending the morning & early afternoon walking around the city with my sister in law, I was in no shape to stand all of Saturday evening, so I snagged this stool from the kitchen & it was the perfect height to have a bird's eye view of my work as well as see the TV in the living room where I had Hallmark movies playing. :)

 Tim texted that they were in Kansas City (about an hour & half away) just as I was finishing my second project of the weekend, so I immediately started the sorting, packing, carrying & putting away in my scraproom.  No room for piles back there, so I had to put it away as I carried it back, which is a good thing, now its ready for another project. Here is the cleaned off table. 

 This is the front page of the book that doubled as a guest page, I just added the sparkly sticky ribbon & the light up badge that I wore at the party.

 More signatures on the backside, a photos of the big table that was decorated with a poster of facts from 1975 (more on those later), a baby pic, our 15 year anniversary pic, Scrap Pink memorabilia, County fair queen key chain pic, Pizza Hut name tags & some dollar bills folded into bow ties from a customer when I worked at the truck stop around 1993. the confetti on the page was on the table, the hound's tooth bag came from a friend in some hand me down supplies.


 photos of me before and as I figured it out :) 

and all suited up, hat, glasses, & light up pin.

as I walked through the door greeted by guests. Supplies are Cricut cuts, Pretty Little Studio tab, flair & journal card, CTMH flowers & old brad.

as I worked my way around the room greeting my guests.  Supplies are Cricut cuts, Elle's Studio journal card, CTMH flowers & old brads from my stash.

the guest book & gift table. 

 I really wanted to use the balloons some how & finally just decided to cut the messages off & tape them together to make a page. Easy peasy! Helium remnants after a month were still present & instantly settled in making my lungs feel full & heavy upon cutting into the balloons, that was a surprise to me. 









those facts from 1975 she printed, she pulled off the poster board & gave to me. I wanted to use them but not make it a series of fact heavy pages so I figured out how to make them into double sided flipping pages~ WIN! 






 Lots of Cricut cuts, old supplies & paper, along with a few things I bought specifically for this album.  So happy to have this project completed so shortly after the event itself!

Next project to post, the completed 2012 wedding chapter of my brother & sister in law.

No comments: