Wednesday, March 11, 2015

on a roll...

So Saturday night I was anxious to get in my room & create after enjoying a slow paced day of sleeping until noon -I know, all of my parent-friends are jealous- then spending the afternoon at the Iowa Deer Classic w/the hubby & his friend, grabbing Mexican for supper on the way home, I was ready for some girlie time :)

I set my phone up to play a playlist of one of my favorite scrappers on YouTube & I attacked the stack of semi-pre-planned pages from a few days before.  I was super pumped to realize I had created 6 pages between 8ish PM & 4:30AM (or 5:30 if you consider DST ;)  By the way, staying up all night on Daylight Saving Time night was not a good idea for me LOL I then slept until almost noon on Sunday & totally wasn't ready for bed a short 10 hours later :/  but back on track.... my pages... I was able to work in 3 more between light house keeping & laundry on Sunday afternoon!

So here are the 9 pages from my weekend. The photos are from Labor Day Weekend 2010 at Lake Red Rock here in Iowa and there is one more page to complete the chapter, I hope to do it tonight.
"Sammy"  Oh how I have hoarded this piece of yellow Heidi Swapp paper.  I bought it on sale last year & kept trying to use it only to put it back in the stash for 'the perfect page' Well, this weekend I was not about saving but much more about using, so it finally got used! I did cut the center square out so I do have a bit to use on another page later (justification my dears, justification  ;))  the canvas flowers are OLD but the bone clips, brand new from the shopping trip the weekend before. using, not hoarding, I love it!!

"A.M. highlights" This used another batch of old stuff; plaid paper, colored clips & the "carefree" was a mis-cut from my Cricut some time ago.  The flair & journaling cards are from Pretty Little Studio.

"crashed" Used the coordinating page to the plaid, stickers & chip frames that are all old, another flair from PLS and a plastic CTMH clip from my December Daily. 

These next 2 are the simplest pages of the set! the papers, cut aparts & chipboard shapes all just screamed to go together even though they are from 2 different lines. 



These 2, the papers were so old they didn't have dates on them! HA!  I did fussy cut the bobbers from behind the photos to put on the top left & bottom right of the pages, the anchor clips are from the  shopping trip the weekend before.


 "Today"- this page uses some more old stuff! Its feeling so good to put this stuff to use, finally, after years of 'saving it for the perfect page'!!  the sand paper  & tag were from a page kit swap, the "today" circle tag emptied a package~another favorite thing to do in my scrap room, the teal-y paper behind the bottom was a scrap, I have had the feet punchies for an eternity and I love that printed twill!

Another ancient piece of paper waiting for the perfect photos found! I used really old tapes (brown & green) to accent the title with some Evalicious puffy stickers.  The strips behind the photos were from my scrap bin an another anchor clip from the shopping trip! I am determined not to hoard supplies anymore! (please feel free to keep me accountable if you see me not following through ;))

There you go! I am super pumped to have these photos scrapped, this chapter almost done & ready for the books!! This Saturday, I am attending an all day crop & plan to pump out my surprise party mini book so I can come home & start a new, short chapter on Sunday.  Next Weekend is Tim's big hunting trip so I plan to take over the dining table (and probably set up the folding table) to sort out these: 
3 stacks of completed pages that need put into sleeves & albums.  They are pretty much sorted by year but no in order, some are even in sleeves, but I am supppppppppppper pumped to check this project off my list!

No comments: