Friday, April 11, 2014

Pin it & Do it #9

Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake -OH my GOODNESS! I had high hopes for this one & it exceeded them. If you EVER need a sweet, moist brunch or afternoon contribution for a small group, I highly recommend this little gem! It bakes in a bread loaf pan so it makes it the perfect size for my group for after school snack or 2 breakfasts. WIN!

Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothies -SO good  & healthy!! next time I would add a bit of honey for sweetness as the ones w/the extra sweet tooth weren't huge fans but I loved them & the majority did too. I even froze the leftovers to thaw a few days later & had myself one for breakfast! Win!

Honey Mustard Pork Chops - YUMMMMMMM!! I don't know what I was thinking ordering pork chops from the food coop the week before Tim's hog hunt but I did & with the call coming in yesterday that his pork is ready at the locker, I wanted to get the ones from the coop eaten before they got lost in the shuffle. Please tell me that happens in your freezer too, the stock doesn't always get rotated & eventually you find a 'treasure' in the back or bottom that is wayyyyyyyyyy past its prime? :) I have gotten much better about it with my desire to get the most out of everything we have but it still does happen.  ANYWAY, recipe, Kim! I cooked last night (which is odd-I am blessed w/a husband that has discovered the joy of cooking)+I wanted to use the pork chops+pinterest rocks. This was SUPER EASY! I cannot believe how easy! the only thing I did differently was that I didn't measure the onion salt or black pepper. Yes, I actually used onion salt. I usually don't but I realized we have an almost new jar in the cupboard & needed to use it, I just won't be replacing it. I also had to lengthen the final cook time by 5 minutes to get them up to 165 but I might instead lengthen the first section of cook time from 3 minutes per side to 5 or 6 minutes per side.  Tim even liked this & said to hold on to that recipe! That is a definite WIN!!

Go Pin it & Do it!

No comments: