Monday, February 3, 2014

Pin it & Do it #5

Old El Paso Deep Dish Taco Squares -

  • doubled the bisquick, water & ground beef, 
  • used homemade bisquick & homemade taco seasoning
  • since the seasoning was homemade I think it was stronger than the pkg-use half next time
  • left out the tomatoes & peppers, next time I will use homemade salsa
other than tasting salty (I assume it was just too much seasoning) it was a WIN.

Haggy Housewife's Homemade Bisquick mix - used items I had on hand (YAY for knowing everything that's in it!) & mixed up in a jiffy! worked just fine in the above taco squares recipe. trying it for quick biscuits next week. WIN!

Iowa Girl Eats' Cheesy Potato Soup - Tim was immediately turned off by the name (potato soup) & its too spicy for the childcare kiddos but I loved it!  I even froze the leftovers in single meal size portions for myself.  Thawed & ate one this week-just as good as fresh!  Edits: I used real potatoes shredded in my processor instead of frozen & may have used more than 4 cups, used a whole quart of homemade chicken bone broth, skipped the shallot, red pepper flakes(didn't have any) & green onions, used 1/2 white onion instead, shredded a whole (8oz) block of cheese to use.  HALF A WIN ;) 



are you doing anything you pin? are you enjoying these posts? 

No comments: