Wednesday, May 8, 2013

lemon-cucumber-basil water

I have to admit, I was not sure about this, but I do love my water & I love a little naturally flavored water all the more so I was willing to try it!

I picked up a cucumber at the grocery store Friday night, fresh basil at the the farmer's market Saturday & had a lemon in the fridge just waiting for me to do something fun with it.  I started slicing & chopping before I remembered I didn't have facebook to check the recipe :) then it took me a couple of clicks to find a blog that had it.  here is the one I 'used'.  now looking again I find one of my favorite bloggers has other variations of it here.  Now that I Know I like this one, I will be trying more for sure!

I did 1/3 of a medium sized cucumber (in my experience, smaller cucumbers have smaller seeds & I dislike anything w/big seed ~BLECK!) sliced, a whole lemon cut in to 1x1.5" chunks & then I get really scientific on you.. 5 or 6 basil leaves w/stems, whole, just rinsed.  I put all of that into a 2 qt. Tupperware pitcher (I was working in my childcare when I made it so Tupperware almost all the way down here!) , topped it off w/cold water from our water jug (I have a water cooler w/a gallon water jug perched on top for instant cold water for drinking), sealed the lid & shook it pretty vigerously on the way to the fridge.  I let it set about 3-4 hours before I tried a spash in a small glass.. I was VERY pleased to find I like it!  as did the 2 childcare girls that tried it at snack time! YAY!!!!!!! homemade vitamin water!

At the end of the day, I topped off the pitcher w/more drinking water & put it back in the fridge for the next day.  I plan to just keep adding water for a few days & maybe until the end of the week as I have to go to the store for another lemon & cucumber :)



Have you tried any new recipes lately?

No comments: