Thursday, September 13, 2012

finished

Complete is not something I get to say very often about a project!  I am almost a master of planning, starting & even getting almost finished then either getting distracted by something new & fun or I get stuck by it not going as easily, or quickly as I had planned so I just quit.  I cannot tell you how many projects I have started & laying in progress around my scraproom, there are even a few in different rooms around the house.  But Anyway! I did finish the hog hunt mini album right before Labor Day, that I started early in July!  I think I might enter it in the Iowa State Fair embellishment catagory next year... It was so fun to do, I love the opportunity to get out of my 12x12 page, acid free, relatively flat, photo friendly 'rut' & go 'no holds barred' once in a while!
So, Yea, this is my idea of getting wild & crazy in the scrap room ;)   I took an old Iowa map & cut circles for page covers for part of the traveling pages.  that was new & different for me. & it coordinated really well w/the (fuzzy) picture of the garmin & the photo of the toll stub (there is a toll receipt behing the flap).
 
Here is a side view of the entire completed album! I love that it won't close, had different size & shapes of pages & even some tabs on some! 

I received this mini album in a box of stuff from a friend when she was decluttering her scrap room.  I put it in a basket of other mini albums I have collected to some day complete & when I started thinking about creating a mini for this trip, this one came to mind immediately.  I think its the perfect masculine texture & color for such photos!

entering this post in the challenge over at Simple Scrapper
 
 

1 comment:

Jean said...

Thanks for entering the challenge at Simple Scrapper - what a fun project!