Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chicken Tenders-Recipe

I received this recipe on a card from one of my food program sponsors & tried it out to help me do away w/over processed foods.  Remember when I shared this naaaaasty video?? eeeeeewwwww!!!  so no more store bought chicken nuggets for us!! This is my go to recipe for chicken nuggets, mostly made in the summer.

Chicken Tenders
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 c milk
COMBINE , stir & let set 10 minutes to thicken.
4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves  (about a pound) CUT how you chose
2 TBS prepared mustard (I use honey mustard)
2TBS vinegar
1 TBS honey or jelly (I use honey)
black pepper to taste
COMBINE IN A large bowl, stir in milk mixture & stir.  Add chicken & stir to coat, cover & let set 20 minutes.
Preheat oven @ this point  to 400*
lightly spray or grease baking pan (I use a stone)
1 cup crushed pretzels or cereal (I use bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, whatever is handy)
One at a time, dip chicken pieces from milk to crumbs & place on baking sheet.
bake 18-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

More recipes are available @ www.extension.iastate.edu/foodsavings/


1 comment:

Penny said...

You should watch Food Inc. It'll make you a vegetarian...for a while at least, lol!