Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins

just a quick post today w/a recipe:

this one came out of a cookbook I have from the Connecticut Child care Food program....

 Harvest Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/4 c butter (or applesauce)
1c canned (pureed fresh) pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1 1/4c sugar (I cut to 1c)
2 1/4 c flour (I used wheat)
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg (I used ground cloves on accident)
1/4tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips(I used white b/c its what was left from holiday baking)
1/4 c chopped nuts (optional-I omitted)

1. preheat to 350, spray baking pans (18 muffins, 3 loaf pans or 48 mini muffins)
2.mix top 4 into a large bowl
3. add dry ingredients until blended
4. add nuts & chips.
5. put batter in pans of choice
6. bake 40-45 minutes for loaf or 20-25 for muffins
(I sprayed but they still stuck to my mini pan so will be going back to butter)
Let me know if you try them!

4 comments:

jaime said...

my husband loves everything pumpkin, so I'm definitely going to be trying these!!

Angie said...

These sound delicious. I love pumpkin and chocolate, so these are the perfect combination.

Stacey said...

Thanks Kim! I will be trying these. I think the white chocolate would go better with pumpkin that regular and I don't have white on hand.

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Thanks for reminding me to make these! I think tonight will be a great night to make them. :)