Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting back...

Getting back to scrapping, that is.  I go in spurts. I love it & use all of my free time doing it, then I take a break, the longest break was a year. It took painting & moving into a smaller room to get back into it that time.  This time, I've just struggled juggling scrapping w/running this fall & now winter.  Winter is usually my big scrappy season but not so much this year.  When I am not into it, I think its mostly because I have gotten caught up in the details instead of 'just doing it'.  Gotten caught up in trying to make my pages look like those out & about on the internet, scrap sites, blogs & in magazines & I am not that kind of scrapper. I am not one of the scrappers that puts alot of detail on a page, I could journal & fill it or use printed paper, die cuts or other themed embellishments but not alot of 'unrelated' items on my pages.  I love to look @ those pretty pages, I just can't create them. :)

So I was so glad when I came across this blog shortly after adopting 'SIMPLIFY' as my word for the year.  Finallly, a site that prided itself on simple pages, made me feel like I belonged somewhere! :)  I am less than a month into following & am so loving all the inspiration I have received! definately one I look fwd to in my reader!!



Right now, they are having an amazing give away for a full year of freebies! Hurry over & check it out!! it might be just what you need to get moving on your pages too!

5 comments:

jaime said...

I so need to get back into scrapbooking. Maybe one day soon. I have a Hawaii trip that needs to be scrapped - as well as my honeymoon from over 3 years ago!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh that sounds like a great site!! Will have to check it out! Thanks for the comment on my blog...and excited you are gonna work on Sketchy Thursdays this weekend! Can't wait to see it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ashley said...

I'm so glad I read this! That's exactly why I don't scrapbook - I don't feel like I'm "good enough" to do it. I'm going to give it another try soon with this new inspiration! Thanks so much, Kim!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh, how I wish I had the time and the want to to scrapbook. But alas, I'd rather be sewing and therefore all my pictures sit in the Wal-mart envelopes and in a big box in my closet and that IF they get developed at all. I checked the blog out though and you're right. They have some beautiful stuff! Love the black, white and yellow paper combos I saw. Gorgeous!

Diana said...

Kim did you ever hear of Simple Scrapbooks magazine? They were great, just up your street. But they folded a couple years ago. If you like simple you could also check out Jody Wenke's blog. I love her LOs. Sooo clean and simple.
But wow, a year off scrapbooking... that's long. Glad you got back into it!
Going to check out that blog now, as a simple gal myself...