Friday, January 7, 2011

up up & away!!

OK so you've read my posts about joining a local running group & I so love it!! I liked running by myself w/my music but I LOVE running w/the girls!  While running several nights we talked & decided we needed a goal to accomplish from all of this running.  Along came the Fight for Air stair climb & the Live Healthy Iowa challenge.  Altho the challenge starts first, the stair climb requires fundraising so here is a little post to jump start that action.
FIRST: some facts;
I am asking for your support because…


*Lung disease is the third leading cause of death in the U.S. and is responsible for one in seven deaths.
*Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S.
*Asthma is the number one chronic disease of children.
*COPD currently affects 10.2 million Americans.
*Air Pollution poisons the lungs of over 60% of Americans each day.

ewwwwwwwww! that makes me cough just thinking about it all!

SECOND; see those buildings up there^^? Those are the stairs we will be climbing! a little info: the first one EMC Insurance Offices, 17 floors, the second, Hubb Tower ~18 floors, the last, The Des Moines Marriott Downtown~28 floors. I will share more info on each building in a later post.

AND THIRD: This is my thermometer that is supposed to tell how well my fundraising is going :) I hope to figure out how to do a direct link @ the side of my page over there~~>> soon.

Enough business! I hope you have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!!!

1 comment:

Alana in Canada said...

Goiod luck with your goal! What a great project. Thanks for visiting my blog.