Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Miscellany

We had a great relaxing weekend! it was the first in years that we camped & boated alone. We forgot how quiet it is w/o the crowd. Don't get me wrong, we love our crowd but think we may be taking more quiet weekends after this. We even returned early enough to have everything unloaded, unpacked & laundry started by noon!!  It sure was a nice change from not getting everything unloaded for a week or more(sometimes the totes stay in the truck until the next camping weekend).  I was so laid back this weekend, I only took a few pictures b4 my camera battery died. THAT is odd too. I did get some on my phone but I haven't checked their quality on the computer yet.



I think my forehead must stick out further than the rest of my face & head.. its an odd feeling but its the only answer I can come up w/to explain the 3x this weekend I bashed it on something painful.  One was one of the poles that holds the bimini top up on the boat, another was a picnic basket when unloading the truck @ the campsite, the third was a cooler lid when unloading @home.  Seriously? but luckily there is no bruise :)

Tim starts some nasty long weeks this week. They were told Friday that they have 65-80 hr weeks ahead until the 2 24-unit projects are finished. UGH. in the August heat?! seriously, nice timing guys! :(  but so thankful for employment!!  just wish they weren't pushed into rush jobs. NOTHING is done well when rushed.  My to do list is growing w/expected quiet time in the evenings... I have flower beds to weed, plants to plant, totes to unpack/organize for our next trip next month, carpets to clean, ground to prep for next year's veggies & of course dogs to tend :) Making the best of it. I have a pretty strong belief that if he's working, I should be too. even if what I am doing is closer to fun than work, I need to be busy.  This will also free up my Saturday morning for donation requesting for Scrap Pink.

Speaking of ScrapPink.. the paid registrations are coming in daily! YAY!!! a variety of shirts are getting ordered too. FUN STUFF!!

ok I think I have rambled enough! time to fix some Monday Morning Breakfast :)  Have a Great Day!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

glad you had a nice quiet weekend :) sounds like he's gonna need all the rest he can get his hands on this week