Tuesday, January 12, 2010

True Confessions Tuesday:

getting right to it:
  1. I went to the dr yesterday expecting xrays for the sprained ankle in September
  2. Instead she dx'd me w/Plantar Faciitis.
  3. I have WebMD.com'd myself this a couple of times since the pain started but never expected it to be true.
  4. She gave me prednisone + a flat sole shoe/boot to wear for 2 weeks then get back to her.
  5. *sigh* after only an hour of the shoe last night, my heel was SCREAMING.
  6. I've worn it 3 hrs now & OH MY GOSH it hurts.
  7. Wondering how long I 'give it' b4 I call in & whine.
  8. I weighed in @ my Heaviest EVER yesterday @ the dr office :((
  9. Totally kicking in the water & fruits/veggies today!
  10. How come I have gained while trying to shrink?? :( whaaaaaaaaaaa poor me!!
  11. Ok enough.. on to happy things!
  12. the sun was out yesterday!
  13. AND its above freezing! for Iowa in January that's AWESOME!!!
  14. GOING to roll around onthe floor w/the itty bitties for a while!
  15. Keep smiling!

6 comments:

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Donya wrote a post on the Sisterhood last year about plantar facitis. She's a nurse and works with a lot of people with foot issues! Check it out: http://shrinkingjeans.net/2009/02/plantar-fasciitis/

Also, don't let the weigh-in get you down. When you try to shrink, your body rebels in the beginning. It's happened to all of us, and the number WILL go down if you keep it up! Drink lots and lots of water :)

Allison said...

I like what Christy said! Your body will rebel, but then it will give in and you will start seeing results! You've got lots of support at the sisterhood, so take advantage of it! You can do it!

Brooke said...

good for you for keeping up with the fruits/veggies/water! :)

plus when you consider that workouts are limited due to your injury, shrinking will be more difficult.

AnnG said...

Working out with an injury is tough....just do what you can and wait till your foot gets better to really kick it in to high gear. Gotta love the SUN!!

Karena said...

Ooh, been there, done that, with the Plantar Faciitis. No fun. But at least now you have a diagnosis and can take the steps you need to fix it. Good luck with that. Mine cleared up quite quickly with good shoes, but my husband battled with it for over a year before it finally seemed to mitigate. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bari said...

I, too, have experienced Plantar Faciitis. My recommendation is to go to a running store, get fitted for good shoes related to the type of exercise you typically do, and if you can afford it or have insurance that would cover it, look into custom orthotics. Made all the difference for me. The flat shoes are probably making it hurt worse because they aren't supporting your arch.

Good luck-and it was sunny in Michigan this morning, too. Yippee!