Monday, January 11, 2010

I AM BACK!!!

For those of you that didn't read it on facebook, my good laptop took a tumble Wednesday morning & refused to recognize a 'bootable device' & then when I got the old 'back up' laptop out it was 'interrupted upon last shut down & none of the 4 recommended options would allow it to boot up correctly. So I was left Computer & internet-less for the day. Oh my! then Thursday came & Tim was unable to get it to the shop due to the weather. By Friday I had convinced him to gethimself a laptop for us to have a back up. :) he brought home a cute lil hp notebook! SO I was able to catch up w/my websites friday evening.

While I was computer-less the child care got a lil cleaner, the home space too, I did some extra baking -home made granola bars!! yummm!!! recipe to come, carried on some would be email conversations on the phone, & realized, I spend ALOT of time online. got alot of DOing done :) I am keeping in mind that this is Tim's computer so I am careful not to carry it w/me when I change rooms like I do the other. LOL its funny as he calls it ours but I call it his.

So this morning upon sit times I was working on retyping up crop organization forms & reconnecting w/my co-organizers! YAY! Hoping for some registrations to come in this week before next Tuesday's meeting! EXCITING!

The crop on Saturday was successful! fun times, good food, great chats & pages scrapped!! that pile of AZ '04 pics is shrinking :) whohooooooooo Next Crop - Jan. 23rd. more productivity!!

HomeMade Granola Bars:
Combine 1/2 c. brown sugar, 4 c. uncooked oatmeal, & 1/2 tsp. salt (I omitted), mix well & set aside. in a smaller bowl combine 1/2 c. each of honey & peanut butter w/2tsp vanilla. once mixed well stir into dry mix. stir until moistened & spread into a well-oiled (I used pam) 9x13 pan. press firmly for bars that stay intact (I only pressed the edges & teh middle fell apart.. still yummyjust not bars) bake @350 for 20 minutes or until brown. makes 36 squares & one square is a bread alternate for a 3-5 y/o @ snack (on the USDA child & adult care food program)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

how easy were the granola bars? they sound yum but i'm not a good cook.