some good things about summer vacation are:
- more kids to play with
- the bigs -no matter their age-get to be the BIGs & help when they want
- the littles idolize the bigs & this gives them a chance to play together
- we get out of here: we walk in the water on the side of the street, go to the parks & play, go to the library, have a zillion picnics both in the backyard & @ parks, MAYBE the bigs will get to go to the pool w/a helper, oh the possibilities!!!
- tons of outside time!!! usually 4 hrs in the morning & 2 in the afternoon!
- the helper gets a chance to be in charge, cook, explore herself in an incharge situation, nurish her patience level, learn so much about herself & kids @ the same time, earn some money
- I get time to clean up, plan for/focus on a project/age group, think, breathe & observe
I do love me some sunshine! :) today is not so conducive to the sunshine soaking ... dreary & grey again *sigh* so far they are entertaining each other & still recovering from the long weekend.
I am soooo excited for this Saturday's opening day of the Osceola Farmer's Market!!! YAY!!!!!! I have plans @9, but you can BET I am hitting the farmer's market b4 I go!! then I am going to a crop ALL DAY LONG!!! 9AM-midnight!! WOW wonder how long I'll last :) I am planning to finish working on Stacia's photos & finishing the summer 08 photos I have -shoot I just realized I should have been a bit more organized & ordered some more photos!! dangit. ah well. I have a super sorter box full of photos!!
Yesterday was a lovely day. well, gloomy but slow & easy w/only 6 kids :) I was able to complete our laundry from the weekend as well as keep up on the cooking/cleaning up of meals! then Tim had to work late so I made some killer homemade sloppy joes & potato wedges then went to the store & stocked up on produce! cantalope, grapes, pears, peaches, strawberries, peppers, carrots, onions, brocoli, oh my! I even shredded! I got 96oz, 5f/v, & 4 dairy.
caffeine free & kickin' it :)