Tuesday, January 13, 2009

giving credit

I am copying this straight from Jenny's blog b/c I am excited to be able to say I AM DOING ALOT OF IT :) I believe she got it from Weight Watchers as I have heard it all before but its been so long since I was ready to put effort into it & look @ it all as a list I definately needed a reminder! Thanks Jenny!!

About Small Eating Changes
1. Water, water, water, water. (Your skin will look great, too!)--80 oz/day so far since Saturday
2. Order half portions at restaurants, or share a full portion with somebody. Or ask for a "to-go" container when you order your food, and pack up half the portion before you even start eating. this is a great one, I am doing a similar version I read on a blog early this past summer about leaving 3 bites on every plate will add (or subtract) up to 25# in a year! HOLY SMOKES!! I've been doing this alot-except my salads.. I eat them ALL!!
3. Cut back on butter and mayo.
4. Limit fried foods to once or twice per week.
5. Use less or no sugar in your coffee or tea.
6. Replace ground beef with meatless products or ground turkey.
7. Try at least one new food every week. If you're bored with what you're eating, you're more likely to give up.
8. Eat fresh, raw veggies with sandwiches instead of chips.
9. Measure your portions until you're sure you know what a cup, a half-cup, and a tablespoon look like. This will help you practice portion control, an essential key to weight-loss success. it is amazing how filling a cup can be sometimes!!!
10. Try not to drink high-calorie beverages.
11. Dip your fork in a side of salad dressing before each bite instead of pouring it directly on your salad. You'll find that you are satisfied with much less than you usually put on. I had gotten away from this one but am back & HONESTLY Friday night I couldn't even tell I'd had any dressing from the cup when my salad was gone & usually I'd have eaten the whole thing!! I am even doing it at home.
12. Find healthy alternatives to all your favorite foods.
13. If you don't really love it, don't eat it. this is hard for me b/c I eat whenever the kids eat & that is every 3 hours 12 hours/day then I go home & eat supper w/dh.. I am learning slowly that I dont' have to eat what or when the kids are..
14. Never eat out of a bag or box. Take out a measured/counted quantity of food and put it in a bowl. This way, you know exactly how much you're having. I love this one.. b/c most of the time I am too lazy to get back up for another serving.
15. Always eat something for breakfast. this is hard for me but I am finding that even if its just toast & pb, I am not as apt to snack w/the kids.
16. Read food labels. Check serving sizes.
17. Add vegetables to everything. I am using the leftover veggies (corn, green beans, peas) on my salads @ later meals (I am having salads b4 every lunch & dinner Since Saturday)
18. Plan meals in advance; use that information to make out a complete shopping list. this is also helping us clean out the freezer!!
19. Give food to guests to take home.
20. Write down everything you eat and drink, without fail.
21. Plan ahead for special occasions by accounting for higher-calorie foods before you eat them.…

About Small Exercise Changes
1. Take the stairs every single time they're an option. No more elevators or escalators.this is me anyway .. the excalators eat shoestrings (yup still scared of them from a SHOW) & elevators mess w/my stomach!
2. Make exercise a priority, not an inconvenience. Now that I have figured out what time I need to work out to get it done Tim is being great about letting me have the tv for that hour & he is usually doing something else that needs done then too. (win-win)
3. Park far from your destination so you're forced to walk. This works at the supermarket, the mall, wherever. (This also helps you waste less time looking for a parking space!)
4. View tiring chores (shoveling snow, cleaning the house, weeding the garden, taking the garbage out, grocery shopping) as a chance to get in some activity.
5. Take the grocery cart back to the store when you're done loading your bags into your car.
6. If you take public transportation, get off one stop early.
7. Work out with a buddy. I was competing w/Tim on the Wii but he kicked my butt in all of the areas we were competing in so I started just competing w/myself & my last high score that's worrking well :) also reporting in on here & to Jo & hearing about all the time she's spending is keeping me moving!!! I am hoping to increase my fit time to 45 minutes after the 30 days is up! :)

feel free to post this or make your own copy to see what you are doing & where you could work more on.

No comments: