Thursday, June 12, 2008

& another one gone by...

whohooooooo Summer is well underway... even tho it was a funked up week mother nature decided I needed a lighter day today... so in the 3"downpour this morning our basement decided to let in some wata... about 100 gallons of it!!!! holy smokes!!!! I am soooooooooooooooo glad it happened on a week day during work hours so I could start sucking it up as it came in-not that I was able to keep up but atleast I kept it confined! tim took the day off & grabbed the 5 gallon shop vac & was sucking wter up right beside me & my 1 gallon carpet cleaner :) I cancelled cc for all that weren't already present & sent 2 of the 5 home early. we vac'd for over an hour, then we tore sheetrock off of 3/4 of the bottom 1/2 of the wall finding DRY INSULATION!!!!!! YEHAW!!!!!! sooooooooooooo exciting!!!! :)


so the rest of the day the fan blew on it & I occassionally ran the shampooer over it while Tim took off for Des Moines for a dehumidifier, wall sealer, & tile reel. tonight we removed the rest of the bottom 1/2 of the sheetrock, moved the fan to dry the wall so we can paint on that sealer, this weekend he's installing a sump pump in the basement floor & the next dry weekend he & John are digging up the flower bed opposite that wall & laying a new tile YAY!!!!!! ALL THE BASES SHOULD BE COVERED.


OFF TO check the dryness of the floor/wall joint to see if we can put a first layer of sealer on... wish me luck!!!
this was taken @nap time.
Post a Comment