Thursday, June 12, 2008

& another one gone by...

whohooooooo Summer is well underway... even tho it was a funked up week mother nature decided I needed a lighter day today... so in the 3"downpour this morning our basement decided to let in some wata... about 100 gallons of it!!!! holy smokes!!!! I am soooooooooooooooo glad it happened on a week day during work hours so I could start sucking it up as it came in-not that I was able to keep up but atleast I kept it confined! tim took the day off & grabbed the 5 gallon shop vac & was sucking wter up right beside me & my 1 gallon carpet cleaner :) I cancelled cc for all that weren't already present & sent 2 of the 5 home early. we vac'd for over an hour, then we tore sheetrock off of 3/4 of the bottom 1/2 of the wall finding DRY INSULATION!!!!!! YEHAW!!!!!! sooooooooooooo exciting!!!! :)


so the rest of the day the fan blew on it & I occassionally ran the shampooer over it while Tim took off for Des Moines for a dehumidifier, wall sealer, & tile reel. tonight we removed the rest of the bottom 1/2 of the sheetrock, moved the fan to dry the wall so we can paint on that sealer, this weekend he's installing a sump pump in the basement floor & the next dry weekend he & John are digging up the flower bed opposite that wall & laying a new tile YAY!!!!!! ALL THE BASES SHOULD BE COVERED.


OFF TO check the dryness of the floor/wall joint to see if we can put a first layer of sealer on... wish me luck!!!
this was taken @nap time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW Kim! Glad it wasn't worse than that. Chuck drove through your state and asked me if you guys were okay after what he saw....
I'm so glad you were okay! You go on being prepared girlfriend!!