Friday, March 6, 2015

5 on Friday: Scrap news

Remember yesterday, I talked about having completed a wedding chapter? Well, here are the final pages of that chapter & they are some of my favorites EVER. Sorry the photos aren't very good, I was holding the phone over my head over the layout on my desk, with no intentions of ever sharing them past an email share, I wasn't being very particular, I will change that starting NOW. 
1. This one took me out of my box w/the bundle of tulle, a corsage pin holding the 'B' on it & the shaped paper. Actually, I don't think this is the photo of the final product, I think this was a spot I was stuck on, but you get the idea for now. By far, one of my prettiest pages.

2. These 3 photos could have easily held their own layout but I was ready to wrap up the chapter so I put them all on one & plan to do some heavy journaling for each & include it in a flip flap when the page is in an album. So much old stuff here paired with Cricut cuts and matting, nothing spectacular but I am especially happy with it.

3. Yikes, this one blurry w/a capital B--so sorry!!  I love this one as it highlights the friendship they have w/their group. lots of Cricut die cuts, old stickers and paper.  I think this is the page I finished off those plastic coated heart clips I have been using sparingly for 10 years :)

 
4. The first dance + mixed drinks on an empty tummy+ the adrenaline wearing off= emotional bride & I needed to capture it.  More really old stuff used AND I used GLITTER paper as the background. Anyone who has scrapped with me knows my serious aversion to anything glittery, but this was the perfect paper to use on these photos, so I went delicately & yet, still ended up coated in glitter myself. YACK! The hearts w/the initials on them are CTMH, the last 2 square clips, the last of the plastic slides in that color & more Cricut cuts. 

5. Not having been to Hobby Lobby in several months, I treated myself with some birthday money last weekend.  I was on the hunt for fun things to use in my mini album showcasing my surprise 40th birthday party last month.  The pile of Gemstones to the left are for my Grandma to use on her heritage pages & were all half off, she loves the bling! The envies are to finish mailing my thank you notes.  The purple letters & trims  and the metal 'K' are for the mini.  The white thickers are in my favorite font, I just wish I could find them in other colors.  The white thread is crochet thread I have seen a few girls using on YouTube videos to tie up their buttons & I needed it.  An X adhesive refill, 3 shaped clips (you know, because I finished off a few others last week..) that were on sale; boat anchors in red & blue, dog bones in silver & brown, arrows in pink & teal.  3 spools of ribbon; pink & purple for the mini album & the pink zebra for my cousin's graduation reception pages.  That leaves the Studio Calico wooden letters that I ab.so.lute.ly. love! 

I am so very grateful for my renewed energy for scrapping.  I have been booking through some serious pages the past year.  I have a crop next weekend (the 14th) that I plan to do my mini album at and then my husband is going on a hunting trip the following weekend (19th-22nd) so I plan to move the piles of pages from the scraproom closet to the dining table to see how many I can get into sleeves & their forever appropriate albums.  So there are a couple more scrappy posts coming this month! 


No comments: