5 things I am thankful for this Friday:
- I am so thankful I've been able to be a part of the Iowa Food Coop! I think it was just the boost I needed getting back out in the public after being an at home childcare provider for so long.
- I am so thankful to be allowed to work with the county conservation board in their rehabilitation & redesigning of a playground that has been in a local park since the 1970's. Shopping for new stuff is fun but figuring out how to fix/add to/adjust our old-school toys to keep them with in the modern day 'safety regulations' is way more rewarding.
- I am thankful to all kinds of friends pointing out job possibilities to me every few days. Trying to decide what I 'want to do when I grow up' is frequently on my m ind. I wonder what is in store but I rarely worry about finding the right fit or making enough to support our lifestyle. I know we will be taken care of, what is meant to be will be, & the best things come when we just have faith in how its meant to be. Their pointing openings out is really keeping my eyes open to options I never would have considered but having someone else say 'you would be great here' or 'you would really make a difference in this position' not only is flattering but eye opening as well.
- I am so thankful to be surrounded by a houseful of children in the mean time. I truly love my job (most days as most people can say) and I am thankful for those families that are sticking with me.
- I am so thankful to be healthy enough to help keep up on the yard mowing, house keeping and meal fixing as Tim's job has gotten busier, requiring him to work later evenings & Saturdays. Yes I am blessed with a husband that was rocking the yard work as well as enjoying trying out new recipes in the kitchen.
What are you thankful for this week?