Monday, February 10, 2014

Pin it & Do it #6

Pioneer Woman's spicy shredded pork-- well, I used a pork loin that was in the freezer, not a shoulder & think I may have put too much water for the roasting pan I used as this wasn't all that flavorful & definitely not spicy. :( Keeping to try again next month so calling this one a DO OVER.

Plain Chicken's White Bean Chicken Chili {slow cooker} -- I don't know about you but I am a sucker for a Thankful Thursday post? This is THAT recipe)
slow cooker recipe!  Since I was just finishing up making some Chicken bone broth, I had both fresh shredded chicken & broth on hand & instead of freezing both to thaw out later to make this, I just bumped this up in my pile.  Since it was a last minute decision, I did have to do some edits but it worked. (remember my recent
  •    12 oz cooked chicken chopped--fresh cooked in the crock pot 
  •  3 (15oz) cans white beans, drained--2 cups (ish) dryed/soaked from the local Amish thanks to Grandpa
  •  1 (4oz) can green chiles--peppers from summer farmer's market that were chopped then frozen
  •  24 oz salsa-- Tim's homemade salsa
  • ·         3 cups chicken broth--fresh cooked in the crock pot
  • ·         1 Tbsp cumin-- end of the bottle of Mexican chili powder from an Arizona uncle
  • ·         16 oz monterey jack cheese, grated--mozarella-its just what I had
*I* loved it. Tim, anti-chicken that he is-took one bite & said it tasted too much like chicken.. chicken was the last thing I tasted, I detected the jalapenos & mexican chili pepper. SO, I have 3 meals for myself in the freezer & one to share w/a friend. HALF WIN

Only 2  new recipes week to report. 



No comments: