Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4th of July (almost)

Wow I feel like I just flipped the calendar from May to June! now its already time to do it from June to July! eeeek this summer is flying by way too fast!! *sigh* 

That said, I do Love me some 4th of July celebration! pretty sure I have talked about this in the past....... oh yea, here's the search page :)

This year, with the holiday being on a Thursday, we are hosting the post-parade potluck here at our house, then going to my mother-in-law's for her last 4th of July celebration in her house (she's downsizing homes next month) Then on Friday we are hitting the road to the lake! Gotta love a surprise 3 day weekend at the lake!

 
as fast as June went, I never got around to decorating so when I found out last week we were hosting on the 4th, I pulled out the tote & got to work! Pulled down my very neutral purple silk flowers & bird houses I like top put out in the spring & replaced them with all red/burgundy, white/cream & blues.  I even got the streamers on the deck this year! Very patriotically festive around here I think. Now the cleaning begins..
 
What are your holiday plans?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

happy independence day!!

in-laws are coming in tonight, not sure what the plan for the weekend is.