Tuesday, May 21, 2013

please follow directions

follow directions. please follow directions. 

I find myself saying this 1000x a week w/my littles & even a few times w/the bigs.  It makes me wonder if they hear my voice at all.  It also makes me wonder if I am talking too much which makes them block me out.  It makes me wonder if I am directing them too much, maybe I shouldn't be telling them every single step of the way, maybe I should be letting them figure some things out for themselves.  Maybe I need to release some perfectionism, control, & chill a bit. 

Summer is coming! That leads us to less schedules, more free time, less hurry up & wait, more waiting until they are ready, less following directions, more winging our days. I.Cannot.Wait! Some people get more uptight in the summer with more munchkins to care for, but I get more relaxed. I really look forward to summer as a vacation from our school time routine & schedule which we have little control over vs the summer one that we are able to control ourselves.

ok, that's enough rambling I think.  How do you feel about following directions? are you one that follows along or do you  buck the trend & make your own rules?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I am right there with you. I find myself wavering between wanting to walk them through things and allowing them to control the situation and find their own way. I'm trying to let go and do more of the latter. So looking forward to summer!