Monday, May 6, 2013

bye-bye facebook

after some thought & much contemplating, I have decided to give up facebook.  At least for a while, but maybe forever.  When did we decide we needed to know every move or thought or gripe or praise someone else has? UGH! that's too overwhelming for me right now.  I don't even know how *I* feel about some things so why should I worry so much about every.one.else???

I deactivated it about 2PM yesterday afternoon & didn't reach for it once yesterday! I was honestly shocked b/c I in hindsight I now feel like I was always checking it.  Not so much reporting-I haven't felt I've had much to say lately but checking to see what everyone else is doing. WHY? I Have no idea! I have only reached for it 2x today.  The first was during my 'morning log on routine': check hotmail account, check yahoo email account, check facebook-oops nope! thankfully I didn't even get it typed in when I realized what I was about to do :), jump to #4 in the routine which is check bloglovin'! (my current way to read blogs & LOVIN' it! ;))  the second was later when I was waiting on breakfast to finish up to serve & I grabbed my phone to check it but TADA, I had uninstalled the app yesterday too so when I opened my phone to the home screen-there's a nice open empty space where facebook once was. I smiled & shut the phone back off &put it on the counter & went about busying my hands w/WORK.. dishes, laundry, diaper changing, something more productive than checking on my neighbor, friend, high school teacher or family! :)

in what I think was a knee-jerk reaction, Tim also deactivated his account but I think he misses his more than I miss mine as he's called to see if I am having withdrawal symptoms yet.   haha-nope, my mind actually feels freer, maybe a little less stressed already with out all of those thoughts & feelings & reactions floating around in there.  Maybe I was letting the negative nellies get to me more than I thought I was. 

So, if I am missing anything important on facebook, please don't hesistate to shoot me a text or email to keep me in the loop.  :)  Just no drama please.  IN the mean time, I think I have found a renewed excitement for blogging.. wondering already if facebook was taking away the drive to blog.  Maybe it was making me feel like I had already said everything I needed to, or it was making me feel like I didn't have anything worthwhile to say.  Either way, I have a list of posts to get to work on! (not all scrap related  :))

What or who have you given up, walked away from or said good-bye to lately? Inquiring minds want to know!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Dang! I will miss you. Now you will *have* to blog more so that I will feel like there is someone else as passionate about play and early childhood and gardening and .... around here. :( Soon it will be summer. And we can actually talk face to face at the park (I hope)--make sure you keep me in that loop!

Michelle said...

I have thought about doing this a lot. But I just can't. :-) Good luck to you! Will miss seeing you around fb.