so she set to work after all the others were settled for quiet time, snipping & snipping the flower petals off all of the dandelions, making 2 cups worth. I then poured boiling water over the top & let that steep for 2 hours (which was KILLING HER to watch it sit there doing 'nothing'. :) then I realized I didn't have the liquid pectin it called for, so said A.MAZING friend linked me to a page that subbed the powder for the liquid & told me the measurements. We proceeded in stirring, boiling, heating jars, pouring into jars & letting set to pop. Here she is the next day w/one of our little jars.
& here she is showing that it didn't gel. yup, that's right, instead of Jelly, we have dandelion SYRUP. ice cream topping, toast & oatmeal topping, sun tea flavoring. it tastes remarkably like honey so I think I will also try it in some recipes as the sweetener!