Thursday, August 18, 2011

a list update:

A few weeks ago, I had a mini-panic attack about what I needed to get done before starting a new baby the last week of summer vacation. To calm myself, I made a master list of what needed done by then & have been doing really good @ working on it! Here's what I have done so far this week:

*clean out pack & plays, fold down, carry outside to air out, hose down wouldn't hurt either
*deep clean nursery
*sort toys in play room
*deep clean play room
*deep clean kitchen/dining/bathroom
*get a couple of extra meal components in the freezer (banana bread, bananas, mac n cheese & tomato sauce)
*sort outside toys, discard all broken pieces I haven't yet
*apply pressure to get compost bin & rain barrel completed
*balance Jan-June income sheets done
*sort/organize Jan-June monthly paperwork
*hang curtains in playroom window
*finish painting dining room
*sand/paint/mount 'towel rack' for the kids individual hand towels to switch from paper towels
*make an accessable spot for the Fisher Price record player & records so we can use it during the day
*either find a new light bar for fish tank & get it running again, or clean & pack it up
*change light bulb in playroom
* shampoo nursery & playroom carpet

& now, the baby isn't coming.  Mama couldn't leave him.  I am so happy for them that she is able & willing to take the step to be that full time mama that they both need right now! So I will keep pluggin' away @ my list w/less pressure.

how are you doing on that list of yours?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm not sure how i feel about pressure, sometimes i think i work better under it!