Sunday, July 10, 2011

Harvest Chocolate Chip Bread

there for a while I always won a cookbook as a door prize at a childcare training.  So I have an assortment of them in my basket.  I use the Connecticut Cooks for Kids put out by their food program.  I use this recipe A LOT.  I refer to it as our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread/muffins.

Harvest Chocolate Chip Bread

1/4 c margarine (or applesauce or butter)
1 c canned pumpkin (or frozen from fresh)
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1 1/4 c sugar (if I use applesauce for butter, I cut out 1/4c)
2 1/4 c flour (I split between white & wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 c chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat overn to 350, spray loaf or muffin pans
Mix first 4 ingredients into a large bowl
Beat in dry ingredients, except for chips & nuts, until blended.
Fold in chips & nuts
Spread batter into pans
Bake until light brown (40-45 minutes for bread, 10-15 minutes for mini muffins, 20-25 for muffins)

No comments: