Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Frugal Tuesday


I am a fru-fru coffee girl, but I hate the price, so its a good thing I don't have access to them on a daily basis. I was so excited to find a mocha mix recipe I like!!  Learning to read packages has taught me alot about what is in our 'foods' that we don't know or need.  Making this recipe, I know everything that is in my coffee.
I found this recipe on pillsbury.com & altered it a bit to fit my preferences.
4 ingredients.. seriously so simple!!


INGREDIENTS:2 1/4 cups non dairy creamer (I use powdered milk)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup instan coffee garnules or crystals
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used baking cocoa)




 mix well. store w/tight lid. spoon 1/4 cup into mug, fill w/8oz hot water.
(I use 1/8 cup mix to 12 oz water)   ENJOY!!
I am linking up over @ Learning the Frugal Life.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i stock up on coffee syrup so that i can make myself iced coffees in the summer :)

juliecache said...

kim, yum. you might also like http://www.examiner.com/frugal-family-in-des-moines/making-lattes-at-home

Penny said...

Oooh...that looks yummy!!!