so far I have:
- developed (& kept well fed) a bag addiction-- any bag that looks like it would hold more than I can carry, is pink or raises money for someone/thing I am all for it. they are scattered about my world; in the child care, in the van, on the stair rail, in the scrap room, in the upstairs kitchen, you get the picture :)
- tried homemade dishwasher soap. not sure if it was the dishwasher, the water or just me. but it left everything gritty & I couldn't stand it. so after 2 weeks of altering amounts of soap, running half full loads, full loads, changing dishwasher settings, I gave up & went back to store bought soap :(
- managed to convince Tim that we need a compost bin :) his only stipulation is that it be @ the other property. no problem!! I walked over ice cream buckets of compostables last year all summer long.
- greatly cut out the papertowel use in the upstairs kitchen-Tim is the only one that uses them there now.
- switched to cloth napkins for our suppers. Love them!! (thinking they'll be my first sewing project!!)
- recycle all cardboard boxes that come thru the house. along w/the plastic, glass & tin that I've been doing for years.
- washable feminine products. nuff said publicly.
- bought organic (ish) toothpaste & avoided all problems I had w/the regular stuff :)
- buy local (@ minimum USA) products no matter the cost. (this drives Tim crazy in the stores LOL)
- am minimizing the microwave use
- haven't bought store bought bread in a month
- am back to using real butter
- am collecting glass jars to freeze in
- am thinning my plastic container 'collection'
- bought a SIGG water bottle & love it
- using /reusing what I have in the area of craft supplies & home decorations
- bought organic local grown grains (Thanks Shanen!!!!)
- bought organic local soaps (thanks again Shanen!!)
ok so this turned from going to green to more of a changing to a healthier lifestyle post. sorry! :)
What have you changed in the going green, going organic, getting healthier areas? please share!!