Wednesday, March 5, 2008

busy 24

wow what a crazy 24 hours!! I left my homework organizing until the last minute again-my bad! then I was talking to Philip & he was in more pain that I have ever heard/seen him in so I pushed him to get a ride to their family dr. Upon arrival @ the ER (the clinic rcommeded for pain treatment) they admitted him for pain monitoring/treatment (due to his nocturnal seizures he needs close monitoring when being knocked out) then did some blood work that came back negative for kidney stones + appendicitis so they did Xrays & saw some small stones, then after some more morphene, they did an ultrasound but didn't confirm anything more. alot of us were thinking gall bladder. then unfortunately he started getting sick so that called for an anti-nausea med too. by 8 he was eating fish, sweet potatoes, peas for supper. he didn't sleep more than 2 hours straight due to monitoring. by morning they discovered some sediment in his urine that they estimate to equal 4 stones passed. YIKES!!!!! He woke pain free & hungry this morning! so out the door he was by noon. WHEW!!!!

i want to thank everyone that I was in contact w/yday for their prayers. we are all so happy this is all it was!!!

No comments: