Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY!!

I think I mentioned last year that the 4th of July is my favorite.. even w/my lil mis-hap on Saturday I was cleaning house & prepping for out annual post-parade BBQ for Monday! I got the important parts done & proud. here are the few shots I captured over the day:
My lil brother Jeff & his girls

our chief of police (who also is our neighbor)

I love this shot of the flags leading the parade.

ALL THOSE WHITE SHIRTS?! High School marching band YES!

SOME grocery store employees in their 'drill formation' .. quite a way to break in a new assistant manager ;)


this is a friend of the family. she re did this tractor for a project @ school






After the parade we headed down to our house for BBQ potluck. OH so much food! cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, cornbread casserole, texas caviar, veggie tray, crackers, chips, dips, burgers & dogs, 2 pies & a chocolate peanut butter creamy dessert that we snacked on all afternoon!
tiny sampling of the food we shared after the parade

extended family sharing stories: my grandpa, his neice, my mom

Tim taught Eli how to run his new mp3 player so he played all afternoon :)

Mom again, other brother Philip & his wife Brenda

cousins on the couch

snoozers...

texas caviar! YUMMMMM

AND THEN we were off to Tim's mom's house for her potluck supper.Great aunt & Uncle & cousins

tenderness

cousins

hunting talk

just a shot that struck me

SO CUTE!
Great Aunt Darlene  in the center

AND THEN we went home to CRASH & wish we had a weekend to recouperate from our weekend :) but I would do it all over again!!

How did you spend the holiday weekend? 

2 comments:

Penny said...

LOL, we have a Louisiana caviar that looks very similar! =)

Brooke said...

love the tractor! :) jay wants one. for what i have no clue, but he still wants one.