Friday, December 17, 2010

Almond Joy Brownies

I am just going to pretend like it hasn't been a month since my last post Ok? ok! :)
these have become a staple to my Christmas baking line-up!

ALMOND JOY BROWNIES
2 ¼ C SUGAR
½ C COCOA PWDR
1 ¼ C FIRMLY PACKED BROWN COCONUT
¾ C COURSELY CHOPPED ALMONDS
1 ¼ C FLOUR\

1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1 ½ sticks butter or margarine (I am going to try applesauce)
4 eggs, slightly beaten

In a bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa, coconut, & almonds. Add flour, baking powder & salt. Melt butter & add w/eggs to mixture. Mix well. Spread batter in a 11x13x2 baking pan. Bake @350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Makes 2 dozen 2” squares.

I used applesauce & it took longer for them to bake even in a larger pan... so start w/30 & go from there. :)
Happy Baking!! 

3 comments:

Brooke said...

yum!!!

Terri said...

That looks like a dangerous recipe! :) Thanks for sharing it!

erin said...

Wow - that looks tasty! What is brown coconut? Can I find it by the regular kind?