Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 Simple Goals

inspired by Elsie, Elise & Kal I am setting 4 simple goals to accomplish the rest of the year.  My favorite part is that they are not to be do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result! -quote from Elsie.  Some times I struggle w/an end result not being what I 'thought' it would so I have lots of partially finished projects laying around.

Ok on to my list:
  1. Keep Running! I wasn't seeing anything before today (other than a few pounds every few weeks less on the scale which I am NOT complaining about). BUT TODAY.We took off on a walk to the Elementary School to tour & get the kids acquainted w/their classroom location. This is something I always try todo for them as I remember being the puking ball of nerves this last 2 weeks of Summer wondering where I was going, would I get lost, would I look like a fool, would anyone help me, etc. sorry OFF track....  so we are walking along & there are a couple of slow pokes hanging back so I send the helper w/the stroller up w/the speedier bunch & I hang back...  then the pokeys challenged me to a race to catch up.. I took them up on it & you should have seen their faces LOL so fun!  I was able to jog the whole block w/them & not get winded. GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SO EXCITED *I* challenged some to a similar race on the way back - anything to get home to the a/c  faster ;)  again- not winded : ) I felt GOOD doing it.. I thought I'd be sore from running 3 nights in a row but I wasn't YAY.... oops again. OFF track... sorry
  2. Lasagna Garden.  get started prepping the back yard in the areas we plan to have our garden next year.  I just printed that article for Tim to read so maybe he'll get it b/c so far he thinks I am fruity ;)
  3. Keep Scrapping.  Seeems I have taken a break from it most of the summer & was giddy to find I 'hadn't lost anything' when I pulled 2004 4th of July photos frommy stash, packed up all of my red, white & blue, patriotic as well as family oriented goods & headed toa crop 2 weeks ago & was able to scrap the entire 11 pages from that celebration between 9am & 5pm! seeeeeee giddy!!! :)
  4. Get Simpler. I am falling hard & fast for the simple side of life lately.  Sewing, gardening, canning, freezing, composting, rain barrel-ing, running, eating fresh whole foods, buying organic, local, fresh products.  a few things I have experimented w/& the rest I plan to soon!
if you follow suit PLEASE link back here!!!  its so easy! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your goal for a simpler life. And the running one! (Not to say the other two weren't awesome as well, :D They totally are) I want to get back into running, myself and I feel a pull to the simpler side of life as well.
Good luck with all your goals, and congrats on not being winded after a long jog! I imagine it must have felt really amazing :D

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I'm also doing the goals project and wanted to drop by and wish you good luck! I love the get simpler goal. We should all be on board for that one. Have a lovely night!

Kal said...

I love the idea of being simpler, too. Love your list!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Simple is good. I'm trying. It's a slow process. Trying to declutter an apartment with no where to put clutter is not fun.
Soon, very soon, I will be starting the C25K plan. I found an iPod touch app, and I'm going to make it work. :) You mentioning not being winded is great inspiration.

Suzie Johnson said...

I have been enjoying sewing and gardening alot latly. Having gone from a two income to a one income family has force us to rethink the way we live, and I definatly think that I enjoy living more simply!

http://suzie-here-i-am.blogspot.com/2010/08/4-simple-goals.html

LolaDee said...

I'm with ya on the simpler life thing! Sometimes we all need to take a step back from the busy world and remember the joy there is in the simple things :) Good luck with your goals :)

Mine are at my blog www.loladee.com if you wanna look x